The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Friday, October 30, 2009

Very Yummy Pumpkin Cookies!

My sister has been totally in the Halloween spirit this past month. It seem's that almost every dinner she is having some sort of incredibly cute halloween themed dinner or desert. She has inspired me to be more into the Halloween spirit. Yesterday I came across a Pumpkin Cookie recipe which I had never made before and they actually turned out delicious! I wanted to share the recipe with you. Please share your Halloween recipe's or idea's! Its fun to be more into the season!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 Cups Sugar
2 1/4 Cup Canned Pumpkin
2 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
2 tsp Baking powder
2 tsp Milk
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 Cups Flour
3 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 cups Chocolate chips
1 Cup chopped walnuts (opt)

Mix together oil, Sugar, pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla. Dissolve soda in milk.
Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt. Stir soda mixture and dry ingredients into pumpkin ixture.Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.Drop by TBSP onto lightly greased baking sheet.Bake at 37f degree's for 8-10 minutes or until tops hold when lightly pressed. Let sit a while on pan and then move to rack. When cooled, swirl on frosting.

Frosting
2 lb bag of powdered sugar
1 square butter (softened)
1/3-1/2 cup warmed milk (Microwave)
generous pinch of salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
(I also added some orange food coloring)

1 comment:

  1. This sounds yummy. I also like making pumpkin chocolate chip bread. I haven't had a chance to bake much yet, but I hope to soon.

    ReplyDelete