The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Go to Bed Sleepy Head

My baby woke up way to earlier this morning. I fed her and the hoped that she would somehow drift back to sleep so I could also sleep longer. This did not happen. Instead I was up before my husband, which is a very rare occasion. I fed the baby her cereal, and she somehow managed to spill all the water out of her no-drip cup onto herself. So, I went to change her outfit and she spit up all over me. I needed to change her diaper which she detests, but she especially did not like being changed this morning. I finally get her back together, walked out to the family room and my husband asks the notorius question of "what else can I take for lunch?" A totally harmless question its true, but I had had it. I glared at him and went to the fridge and pulled out a decent lunch, packed it and even left a sweet "I heart you" note on his napkin. All the while the baby is fussing and wanting to be held. I hit overstimulation and exhaustion by 8 a.m. this morning and was REALLY looking forward to baby nap time, so that I could take a nice Mommy nap.
I guess this means I am not a morning person. I really love sleeping in! I definately do not follow the poem of "Early to bed, and Early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." I would like to change my way's though? Does anyone have any tips on how to get to bed at a decent time, and also how to keep your head on straight in the morning when your home is crazy busy and you just want to be snuggled in tight between your sheets?

No comments:

Post a Comment