The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Au Revoir


The time has come to say good-bye to our house guest. My little brother has been living with us since July. At first both my Husband and I were skeptical as we have never had family stay with us for more than a week, but as time passed we found that we really enjoyed having my brother near! It has been wonderful to be able to spend time with him, as he was still really young when I graduated from High School and went off to College. I have learned a few things about him that I did not know. Here are a few: He loves chapstick, he LOVES DQ's Blizzards (he gets one at least 6 out of 7 day's a week.) He is playstation's greatest fan for Final Fantasy, he is a night owl! He hates vegetables and fruits, pretty much anything healthy is off of the edible list for him. He loves his niece and nephews, and he is very passionate about music. In fact, I think in his future he should pursue a degree in music as it seems to speak to him and reach out to him.
So, little bro, this post is for you! I wish you the best of luck in all that you do! You have many amazing qualities that will help you through your life. If you ever get lonely remember that there are three little people her in Kentucky who think you are one of the coolest Uncle's ever, and also that your sister's and brother-in-laws Love you and wish you the best!
Have any of my reader's had family live with them or stay for an extended period of time? Was it a nice experience or did the situation not work out so well?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got to have this time with David. I'm also glad that I get to have him back for a while! David was lucky since the day he was born to have 3 mothers. Thanks for giving him memories to last a life time. He will never forget his time in Kentucky I'm sure.
    Love You,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete