The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Say "Cheese!"

It is time for some fun fall pictures. So yesterday I called and set up my appointment for today. I was so excited! I have this adorable Bee costume for my baby and also was going to get some Fall pictures in a Fall themed outfit. So, last night, just a few minutes before bed time my baby falls and hits her adorable little cheek on the corner of our Armoire and is instantly rewarded with a small bruise on her cheek. Of course this would happen, I have heard parents complain in the past of their children always falling and hurting themselves right before a picture shoot.
This morning I re-accessed her face and found that it wasn't too bad of a bruise. So I went ahead with the photo shoot. Of course the first couple pictures went great! She was smiling and happy and then it was time for the wardrobe change...and it all went down hill from there. The baby would NOT even crack a smile. Urg! All I wanted was one adorable little smile so that I could print out an 8 x 10 and get a few wallets. I tried explaining this to her, but she did not care. In fact she kept crawling towards the door, as if she were trying to escape. She wouldn't even stop to sign her autograph! So, I finally acknowledged defeat and that she had won the battle and quickly ended the session, besides I have never once seen a smiling Bee. Bee's are always about business. Maybe next year I can find her a costume of a Daisy. Daisies always seem to be happy and willing to share their happiness.
Unfortunately the photo War is still on, because tomorrow we will be back, in the photo studio for round 2 pictures with Daddy, and hopefully one good costume picture. Does anyone have experience with making a baby happy or getting a baby to smile in moments when you would really appreciate it if they did? Please share your tips, so tomorrow's photo shoot will be much more successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment