The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Breath of Fresh Air



My husband has picked up a side job as a pizza delivery man to bring in a little extra change for us. This means that two or three times a week, he leaves for work around 8:00 a.m. and then returns from his long day around 9:00 p.m. or later. This makes for a long day for him and for me! We chat periodically while he is delivering his pizza and he always lets me know how the tipping is going. So far it seems to be a great fit for him. Yet, the time away from each other does get long as it nears 8 p.m. and the baby starts to get fussy and ready for bed, and Mommy doesn't want to put her down yet because she hasn't seen Daddy at all that day. Then, my phone rings and he tells me he is headed home. I'm not sure if its because I haven't seen him all day, or if my husband just looks really good all dressed up in his Pizza uniform, but it is alway's a breath of fresh air when he walks through the door, and brings in with him his excitement to finally be home and share his adventures of the day. The baby gets soooooooo excited when she see's Daddy! (I'm almost jealous, as she is never that excited to see me.) Its so fun to see him play with her and be able to see the cute relationship they have together. I think that she would fit in the category of Daddy's girl! Her eye's light up every time he is around. I love to see the relationship they have! Are most children Daddy's babies? or are there more Mommy's babies?

2 comments:

  1. Cami clings to Blair when he leaves in the mornings, and won't even look at me until at least a few minutes after he's gone (as she's too busy pounding on the door, wiggling the door knob, and yelling for him to come back) Then when he gets home, she RUNS to the door, and runs around the house like a crazy person because of how excited she is that he's home.

    So yah, Mine's a daddy's girl. And yes, it makes me jealous sometimes too, seeing as she seems to get all her fussiness out of her system BEFORE he gets home, so that I look like a nervous wreck on the couch by the time he walks in, and he can't seem to see why, seeing as she's always happy as ever around him.

    Oh, the joys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guarantee if you talk to the stay home dads they would have the same complaint. Baby misses the one who is gone the most.....and by the way Daddy is easier to say than Mommy so don't let that hurt your feelings in the future:)

    ReplyDelete