The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Monday, October 19, 2009

Easy Cooking

I Love watching the food channell! One of my favorite shows is called "Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller" One week I actually took her challenge and prepared the food the way she said too. Most of the meals were Crock-pot meals. That week was one of the nicest, low stress, Dinner cooking weeks I have ever had! Everyone should own a crock-pot! It is so worth your money! One of the meals I made off of her show was amazing! My Husband and I both loved it! It may sound a little strange, because two of its main ingredients are Onions, and Green Apples, but I'm not kidding you it was delicious!!! I highly suggest going out on a leaf and trying this Recipe. There is a good chance you will enjoy it! Robin Miller also gave a tip for cutting Onions. She said to put them in the freezer before cutting them. That is supposed to help dim the effects that are inevitable while cutting an onion. I have yet to try this tip, but I thought I would throw that idea out there for anyone who is interested. Also, another tip I heard on the food channell was to pour ice and baking soda down your disposal to get rid of the smell. I did try this trick and it worked amazingly well! Do you have any kitchen tips to share? I'm open for learning new and helpful information while in the kitchen!



Slow-Cooked Chicken, Apples, Onions & Rosemary

2 cups onion
2 green apples sliced and diced
4-5 chicken breasts (uncooked)
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 TBSP Rosemary

In bowl mix Sauce:
1 cup Chicken broth
1 can Cream of Celery

In crock-pot place onions on bottom. Lay apples on top then place chicken breasts. Add Salt and Pepper. Then pour sauce over chicken, apples and onions. Cook for 6-8 Hours. Eat meal over Rice.
(Very yummy with cooked zucchini for a side dish!)

1 comment: