The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Insomnia

I LOVE to sleep! It is one of my favorite activities. Very few things are as refreshing as a good nights rest, and unfortunatly last night was not one of those nights. I was so excited when my baby fell asleep around 8:30, and my husband and I were headed to bed around 10:00. Within 10 minutes my husband started his restful, light snoring, while I layed there wanting nothing more than to sleep, and waited and waited. Finally around 12:30 I got out of bed and folded laundry, checked on the baby, put together some packets for a party I am having today, checked my e-mail, etc...etc...etc...A little after 3:00 a.m. I decided I needed to try to sleep again. So, after about another hour of wakefulness I was able to get into the deep sleep I had been wanting so bad hours earlier! This doesn't happen very often for me at all, so it was very frustrating to have insomnia last night, when I have so much to accomplish today and really needed a restful sleep! Does anyone out there have sleeping techniques or idea's on what helps them sleep better? Please let me know!

3 comments:

  1. I tell myself I'm not going to think any more and try to empty my mind. It might take a few repeats, but it usually helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when this happens! I had this problem right before my boards which is not the best time to be having sleeping problems. Usually the thing that works for me is to pop in the 5 hour version of Pride and Prejudice, the one that I have memorized because i've watched it so much, and somewhere in the middle is when I fall asleep. If not, then I have just strengthened my adoration for Mr. Darcy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE insomnia. I have only really had that happen to me once where it was just awful. I agree about watching Pride and Prejudice. I often put a movie on, and a lot of times I fall asleep 10 minutes into it. Pride and Prejudice is an especially good option! Just make sure that whatever movie you use will not have a loud action sequence that will wake you up later!

    ReplyDelete