The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Costume, Help!

Every year I go through the same conflicting emotions around Halloween time. The question most running through my head is "Do I dress up, or not?" The first year my husband and I were married we both wore scrubs and said we were dental school students. Looking back it wasn't the greatest idea because at our Halloween party tons of people kept asking us if we had just come from the dental school downtown. We really just wanted to dress comfortably and very few things are as comfortable as a nice pair of scrubs! Last week we went to a very fun and cool Mystery Dinner party where my Husband dressed up as a Mummy (I wrapped him in toilet paper. In retrospect I'll never do toilet paper again. He was leaving long strips of toilet paper everywhere he walked.) I was supposed to be a fortune teller, but at the last second I had a wardrobe issue, where the dress that I wanted to wear wouldn't fit, urg...I'm blaming it on having a baby :) So I ended up throwing on a short black dress with bright blue leggings (which were actually my husbands High School Football leggings that now have holes all over them.) Needless to say, we did a terrible job and need help. The question is: should we dress up or not? We seem to not have the best of luck in the costume department. And, if we do dress up does anyone have any fun idea's? We are open to anything! Please help out the clueless, who would love to dress up, but have a very bad Halloween costume track record so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment