The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

To My Superman!

Today's post is a tribute to my hard working Husband! He wakes up early goes to work until five, then emmediatly goes to his second job, of delivering Pizza's. He gets home usually between 8:30 p.m and 9:30 p.m. Then, he pulls out his GMAT books and studies until around 11 or mid-night. He is trying to pass this test to further his education and hopefully open some more doors for a career. Some day's he only gets to see the baby while she is in her crib, asleep. He has said a couple of times to me that he is doing this now, so that he can be there in the future, to the dance classes, soccer games and school shows. I am grateful to be married to a man who understands what he needs to do to take care of his family, and allow his wife to be home with her child and take care of the day to day business of life. I know that things are tight right now, but I have enjoyed every moment with him and am very happy and grateful for the blessings that I have been given through having him at my side.
Who are you grateful for? Does anyone in your life need a tribute today? Please, feel free to share!

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing to have a hard working husband! My husband is the same way--working hard to take care of our family. It is tough to not see them as much as we would like, but it only makes us love them more to see how much they love us through their willingness to work hard! :)

    ReplyDelete