The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Soap Box

This past year I have had a handful of friends and acquaintances tell me that they had been layed off, or let go from there positions at work. In every instance I am totally shocked! They are very good, hard workers. Not only that they had great, secure jobs. I wish they didn't have to go through that because hardly anything comes like a blow to the face like that! My husband was layed off from a job a few years ago, and the stress of entering the unknown is very daunting. I guess right now is a good time to remember and live by the phrase "Come What may, and Love it!" Does anyone have any suggestions or helpful tips or networking idea's for me to share with my amazing friends who could easily be CEO's and top notch managers, but who have to succumb to the current economic difficulties?

No comments:

Post a Comment