The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Never Suppress a Generous Thought"

I have noticed lately that I have had a dialogue in my head of things I could do for someone else. Examples would be a phone call, a letter of thanks, make a dinner or cookies for someone, or to just be a friend to someone else. As well intended as these may be they usually come through my mind and then get placed on a shelf somewhere in there, where dust collects and then cobwebs begin to grow, and then I end up totally forgetting about it. Someone in my church has made the statement; "Never Suppress a Generous Thought." I think it would be beneficial to me to have that statement made in vinyl lettering and placed somewhere in my home where I could see it often. Perhaps these feelings come because those people are needing that attention or love from someone at that specific time. How great would it be to do that service and then find out they really needed you that day. Has anyone been successful with reaching out to someone else? Share your story with me. What techniques have you come up with to be sure to act on the inspirations you receive, so that you will not forget and keep going on with your already busy day?

1 comment:

  1. I serve people best when they are my friend. So when I feel inspired to help someone I reach out as if we are going to be lifelong friends and sooo far it has always turned out great...My old way of service was seeing something I thought would make me happier and I would set out to do that for someone else and it always ended up frustrating me. The other person never seemed to appreciated it because in the end I was serving my own interest which is the exact opposite of service.

    ReplyDelete