The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Shopping Mall

Yesterday I had to stop at Babies R Us to get a new diaper bag for a trip home I am taking soon. I needed one that would zip shut so that my stuff won't be rolling around the airplane. I was there for at least two hours. They had way too many diaper bags to choose from! (And I also had to walk around and see the cute things that were available in the toy/bath department.)
I also had to make a stop at the mall to pick up my favorite eye liner, which is only sold at Macy's in the mall. As I walked into the wide double doors I was instantly reminded about how out of style and old all of my cloths are. I realized that my hair was probably hair blown, my makeup needing some refreshing and I should have worn a much more showy top. I also should have left the Croc's at home and traded them out for a nicer pair of black dress up shoes. Luckily I was able to keep my head on straight, get to the makeup counter, make my small purchase and escape before too much vanity sunk into me. As I was backing out of the parking spot I realized that I wanted nothing more at that moment then to have a shopping spree with a donated $5000 dollar or more limit.
I am not complaining about my life, I am very blessed, and do appreciate my simple, small wardrobe, I just like to dream periodically, and maybe hope that someday I can buy a shirt from "Express" which I absolutely have to ban myself from entering because I will fall in love with all of their cloths and accessories!
What stores do you have to ban yourself from? Am I the only one who has to avoid Babies R Us and the mall?

No comments:

Post a Comment