The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Friday, October 9, 2009

Confessions of a Scaredy Cat

I used to think that grown ups were never scared of anything. My parents were so brave! Especially my Mother. Now, being a Mother I realize that you have to be brave, and not flinch in the site of things that scare you most. I also have realized that complaining to my Husband about my fears does not always help fix the situation. For example: I have been complaining about how miserably dirty my oven is for MONTHS now! This week it got to the point where I preheated my oven and left the room for a minute, and was summoned back to the kitchen by the fire alarm. I ended up having to use my sister's oven because I have been avoiding the self-cleaning oven that I have been blest with. Why? Because in my mind I was sure that my home would burn down from the extreme heat from the self cleaning oven. So, last night, when my husband made it home from work I forced my self to be brave and used my self-cleaning oven. ( I had to do this while my husband was home, in case an actual fire did break out. He has his Eagle Scout award and therefore should know how to put out a house fire. :) I was so nervous as smoke began billowing out of my stove top. I quickly opened all the windows and pulled out some Baking Soda, just in case, And then 3 hours later the timer went off and everything was totally fine! Yes, I was successful using my self cleaning oven for the first time. In fact, things went so well, that I believe I will use it again, soon, as I cook a lot and am constantly having spill overs.
I am also afraid of being alone through a thunderstorm (terrified, actually), I'm scared of my shadow. I am so fidgety at times and constantly having to talk my self through things. Perhaps this would be considered having anxiety issues, which I will be the first to admit that I most deffinatley suffer from!
Am I the only one who at twenty-something is still frightened at little things? There has to be more women out there than just me who are afraid of something! Please, share them with me so that I do not feel like the only woman in the world who screams for her husband when she see's a spider on steroids crawling across her kitchen floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment