The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Season of Sorrow


Our beautiful Ruby was born on October 24, 2o11 and passed away on November 18, 2011. She lived for 3 beautiful weeks, 3 weeks that we will forever cherish and hold near to our hearts! If you would like to know more about her story please visit: www.caringbridge.org just type in Rubygosnell and you will get to see more of her adorable pictures and more infor about our little Angel. 2011 was a year of hardship and trial for us and we don't feel like there is a end to it in our near future as we are waiting on some blood tests to come back for Rose. She is having issues again.
All this being said I am in full swing of grieving and am finding it hard to make it through the day. I decided that I need to do something I love and can look forward to doing, every week just to distract me from my sorrow for a bit, who knows maybe it will help heal some of this big gaping hole in my heart. So, this is what I came up with. I Love Harry Potter, and I love to eat:) My wonderful Husband has never read Harry Potter and as his Christmas gift to me gave me a box full of all 7 Harry Potter books and a promise to read them all with me throughout this year. Then, my Sister gave me "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook" by Dinah Bucholz, for Christmas. It has 150 recipes in it. So yes, it was a fabulous Christmas. :) Here is My Plan:
1-Read Harry Potter with my husband.
2-Cook 3 recipes from the Harry Potter book a week.
My guidelines: I may have to tweak a few of the recipes or not be able to use them since I don't drink coffee, alcohol, wine, or tea. My sister is going to cook the meals with me and we are going to critic each recipe on a scale of 1-5 as to if we enjoyed it and would ever want to eat it again.
I probably shouldn't print the recipe on here because of copy right, but if you would like the cookbook or to cook along with me you can get it off of Amazon.
This weeks Recipe's:
1-English Fried Eggs and a Gammon of Bacon, a.k.a Eggs and Bacon pg. 3
2-Cauldron Cakes, a.k.a Big Fluffy pancakes pg. 41
3-Newt-shaped ginger cookie, a.k.a. Chewy Ginger Biscuits, pg. 196

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I read the Harry Potter books together, and it was enjoyable, so I know you two will enjoy it, too.

    ReplyDelete