The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Kreachers "Hot Rolls"


Kreacher served Hot Rolls and Coffee for breakfast to Harry, Ron and Hermoine before they went off to look for horcrux's. It was their last warm meal and I am confident they wished they could of had these every morning, noon and night! "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", Ch. 7. Okay, so I'm just going to start this post out by saying the Mr. B gave these rolls 5.5 million and he wants to eat them again, soon:) I totally agree! Although they are a bit time consuming they are totally worth it! I ended up needing to an extra 1/2 cup of flour to the recipe. I also have a Bosch mixing bowl that I let do all the work instead of me mixing and kneading the dough by hand. I guess I'm a tad bit lazy when it comes to that, but the rolls turned out FABULOUS! Seriously, buy the book, you will want these rolls on for your next Thanksgiving spread!
English History: "Rolls became popular for breakfast because they rise and bake more quickly than whole loaves of bread, but you would still have to get up pretty early to make these for breakfast. If you like your sleep, prepare the rolls the day before and let them rise in the refrigerator overnight. Then all you have to do is pop them in the oven. Otherwise you are going to be very tired." "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," Bucholz, pg. 66.
Grief Help: I have really been on an emotional roller coaster this week. One minute I feel fine the next minute I am sobbing. I still cry every night. Once Mr. B is snoring I get some alone time and just let it all out. The hardest game for me to not play right now is the "Why" game. "Why didn't Ruby live?" "Why do other people have miracles in their lives and we couldn't have the Miracle we so desperately pleaded for." The problem with the "Why's" is that it can never be answered. At least not until I am sitting at the Lords feet, and I guess by that point I would be blessed with a deeper vision of my life and understand why. So I guess for now I am re-learning how to count my blessings, which are many. Like yesterday, as I was cooking these rolls I had the thought "I love food, I am so grateful for people who know how to create beautiful recipe's for me to enjoy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment