The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Zuppa Tuscana Soup

The weather is freezing here in Louisville, KY!!! Seriously I can't keep my fingers and toes warm. I try to counteract the cold weather by eating soup. I have fallen in LOVE with this soup recipe! My husband has informed that we can eat this every week it is so delicious! It is an Italian genre of soup, (in case you were wondering). DELICIOUS!!!
Zuppa Tuscana
1 lb. Ground Sausage
3 lrg. Potatoes, sliced
1 lrg. Onion, diced
3 cloves garlic
5 cups chicken broth
1 cup Heavy Whipping cream
1 Bunch Kale, chopped
3/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
Grated Parmesan Cheese

Brown Sausage. Place chicken broth, potatoes, onions and garlic in pot. Bring to a boil.Simmer until potatoes are tender apx. 20 min. Add cooked sausage, milk and red pepper flakes, heat through. Add kale about 3 min. before serving. Serve in bowl, top with cheese.
Variations: I always add sliced mushrooms!
I have alway's used a can of fat free evaporated milk, instead of whole milk. Tastes great still!

No comments:

Post a Comment