The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Monday, February 15, 2010

Mentholatum

Over the weekend I fell in love with Mentholatum. It is an ointment you use on dry/chapped skin and it smells like Vicks Vapo Rub. It has so many uses! I dry up terribly in the winter time and end up itching and with dry patches all over my skin. I have had this terrible dry patch on my hand for weeks now and nothing was working to get rid of it. So I kept Mentholatum on it for a day and by the end of the day it was pretty much gone! It instantly heals my dry lips and you can use it on your sick baby. When Rose was congested I rubbed some on her chest and under her nose. It helped soothe her nose as I had wiped it so much it was raw, and it helps to open up the airways. My sisters baby had a grimy nose this week but she couldn't wipe it off because it was scabbed over and would bleed. So, I had her pull out the Mentholatum and we kept it on his nose for the day, and his issue was solved. This is now my new miracle cure all drug! If you can get past the smell (which I actually kind of like because it is the smell of healing:) then you will be in good shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment