The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I'm not Jennifer Love Hewitt

The last few days my baby has been adorable and the camera has come off the shelf and been put to good use. The unfortunate thing is that I make my husband take multiples because I just don't look like how I used to, or how I hope too I guess I should say. I am now coming to grips with the fact that I am not Jennifer Love Hewitt. I will not be drop dead gorgeous in every picture that is taken, but my baby will and that is what really matters! I had the ruthless 8th grade teacher who pointed out to all of us when it was picture retake time that the camera only takes pictures of what it see's...and so I figured from then on out it was pointless to get retakes because my looks aren't going to be changing much with in the 3 weeks between picture time. So my question to you all is have you ever had an amazing photograph, one that trumps all others and is up there with the stars? If you have do share. I am trying to figure out if plastic surgery will be the only way to get me looking the way I dream of-at least a little closer to the Jennifer Love Hewitt photogenicy goal.

1 comment:

  1. I find to get a picture where I look good I need to take a bunch....it's crazy how you can look terrible in one shot and pretty decent the next. This is my trick.....my husband hates it (he's the one usually taking the pic). Mostly I just stick with taking pics of the kid though, those are always winners :)

    ReplyDelete