The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Monday, May 24, 2010

Not so Good at Good-Bye!

My Sister and her two adorable little guy's moved over the weekend. Which if it wasn't 30+ hours away from me it wouldn't be so devastatingly hard to say goodbye. We have always been with each other. We were forced to share bedrooms our whole life until I moved out for college, but that was still only 20 minutes away from home. I have been thinking about a line in one of the songs on "The Music Man" that the men's quartet sings. "Where is the good in good-bye." I have really been feeling that way. But unfortunately change is a part of life and something that I struggle with. So, I have to have my happy thought when I start crying to divert myself from my sad, depressing thoughts of no longer having my sister live 4 houses down from me. So, my happy thought today is...well I'm sure I will come up with one soon, I guess I just want to be sad for a little while. Its okay to miss someone when you love them so much!
Do you have a happy thought today? Its always good to think ahead of time what you will think of to prepare yourself for the times when happy thoughts are hard to find!

2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I'm having a hard time coming up with a happy thought for you. I know how you feel. I am so sad to be leaving so many people I love and your right, it is okay to be sad and cry and feel those feelings of loss even though we don't really want to.
    I'm so glad that I will have Christina close to me to help me adjust to a new place. I guess your loss is a blessing to me in a way.
    You are a great sister and in some ways she will probably need you even more now... it will just be long phone calls instead of walking up the street to see her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathryn! I'm glad you will be able to be close to her! Take care of her for me!

    ReplyDelete