The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

High School


It was ten years ago, this month that I had my greatest day of my High School life...Graduation day. It was finally all behind me! At that time it was probably one of the greatest accomplishments of my life because I HATED school!!!! My Mother practically had to drag me out the door. So the fact that I actually graduated is huge. Fortunately my parents had a clear view of my future and forced me to get a further education. I was admitted into Brigham Young University the fall right after I graduated from high school. I could literally have a brand new start in college, surrounded by people who were all there for the same reason-to learn. It was the best place I could have been and the very best situation I could be in at that time of life. 4 1/2 years after starting college I graduated, which was a much, much bigger fiet then all of my early education ever was.
Now it is time for my 10 year reunion, which no surprise to me, nothing has been planned and so more than likely my class of 2000 will not be reuniting this year. But honestly would I even go? Probably not! All of the friends that I want to keep in contact with are still around, everyone that I hoped to never see again have fallen in-between the cracks and I have forgotten them. Everyone in the middle of that...well they can just be my friends on face book.
The people that I would really, really like to have a reunion with are the people that I worked with in Valdez, Alaska, when I worked in a fish cannery for a summer in-between semesters. I would love to have a reunion with my College freshmen friends who made the second semester of college much more bearable than the first. I also wouldn't mind a reunion with all the amazing people I worked with at BYU Mail services, who really made an impact on my life. High School just seems so small and insignificant to me now, after ten years of having absolutely wonderful experiences and accomplishments that I never even dreamed of while in High School.
Of course I understand that not everyone hated high school. My Husband for example was the football jock, and home coming king, loved High School!! It was his glory day's, and he had a blast at his reunion, but I don't know if he is the norm, or if I am. So, today my question is: Did you or will you be going to your 10 year High School Reunion?

3 comments:

  1. HECK NO!! :) And if you come out here sometime soon, I'll take you to one of Derek's softball games. That right there is a Mail Room reunion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deal! That would be a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably not. If I did, I wouldn't know anyone. LOL. Library nerd.
    I love your pic. You have super LONG hair!
    And I thought this statement was super funny and so true... "Everyone in the middle of that...well they can just be my friends on face book."

    ReplyDelete