The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Friday, May 28, 2010

Memorial Weekend Celebrations


Memorial and Labor Day Weekends were always exciting in my family growing up. Usually it meant getting out of school early on Friday, packing up the Camping trailer and heading up into the Mountains. We had a specific spot we would go every year in the Uintah Mountains in the Rocky Mountain Range. We would get there late Friday night, relax for two day's and then pack up and head home. We could always count on either a late snow storm or an intense rain/thunder storm, which always made for a long night for those of us sleeping in tents. My Mom would alway's bring the yummiest food, my brother's would bring there Beebe guns, and animal traps and I would bring a book or two. Sigh...I don't live any where near the Rocky Mountains now so these camping trips no longer happen. In fact my Husband and I haven't yet created any traditional Memorial/Labor day plans yet, but I hope we will soon and I hope it involves a tent and perhaps the Smokey Mountains?
Do you have any memorial traditions? We are open for some fun idea's!

No comments:

Post a Comment