The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!


I know it is one day early for me to be celebrating Mother's Day, but honestly, as a Mother I think I deserve at least a full weekend of celebration! We kicked it off last night with a Gladys Knight concert, and LOVED it! Man, does that woman have an amazing voice! I believe tonight I will torture my husband by having him watch "Anne of Avonlea" with me-the second movie in the Anne of Green Gables series. Tomorrow we will be celebrating by eating way too much delicious food and ruin all the healthy eating and working out I have been doing all week. Can't wait!!
But, really, honestly, this blog is about Mothers and tomorrow is our day. So, share with me what are your honest feelings about being a Mother? For me, it has been and is one of the most rewarding, exhausting, wonderful things I have ever done! Since becoming a Mother I have learned to put my needs on a back burner and take care of a starving, poopy, fussy baby, while my stomach is growling and I need a bathroom myself. What pay have I received in return? Hugs and kisses from my Child who has only been away from her Heavenly Father for 14 short months. So, basically I'm being loved back from a perfect little piece of Heaven that the Lord has entrusted me with being able to be called Mother by her. So, even though being a mother can be tiring and exhausting at times, if I am able to hold a little piece of heaven in my arms, then I want to stay on this path for the rest of my life!! I LOVE BEING A MOTHER!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I became a mother all over again 9 days ago. I would have thought I'd be miserable at this point in part 2 of raising a newborn, but I'm in complete euphoria. I LOVE being a mom to my 2 little babies, and wouldn't trade it for anything! Happy Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete