The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Daunting Things in Life


I have been meditating a bit lately on the projects/goals that I have not yet accomplished and was thinking about what the hold up is. For some of them it has literally been years! You know what I'm talking about, tasks such as making and living by a budget that you know in the long run will be a huge blessing. Or a goal you set for yourself years earlier and to date have only been half accomplished. Well, it is now time to address the daunting issues and things in your life that you have been avoiding. The first step is taking the time to figure out what they are. For me obviously it is living by a budget, mailing some writing I've done to a publisher, and stopping my annoying habit and cracking my knuckles. To you they may not seem so big but to me each one of these has its own mountain to climb. Perhaps you are one of those rare people who always accomplishes every task that is in front of you and every goal you have ever set, but if not then "Today is a new day, with no mistakes in it, at least not yet!"(Anne of Green Gables) Figure our what your daunting mountain is and conquer it! Soon my vacation in the valley of Daunting things will be over and I will be the conqueror of my self-inflicted goals. (And will hopefully be a happier, better person because of my efforts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment