The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Male/Female MarketingTactics


My husband and I were window shopping the other day at the local mall. We were walking through Gap when my Husband made the comment about the names on the Woman's jeans. "Perfect Boot," "Sexy Boot," "Long and Lean," "Curvy," and "Always Skinny." WHAT!!! If I had to describe myself in my jeans I don't think it would be any of these. Does the name of the jean effect how you feel in it? If you buy a pair of "Sexy Boot" jeans do you feel all the more sexy?
Next we walked past the Mens section and found that the names were much more realistic-"Authentic," "Standard," "Easy," "Loose." Do you see the difference between the female/male marketing? No wonder I have issue's! I can't walk around a store without everything screaming at me that I need to loose weight so that I can wear some "Long and Lean" jeans. My goal is to someday fit into some "Always Skinny" jeans too by the way. But, in case you see me before I can squeeze my lower half into those jeans feel free to whistle if you see me walking around in my "Husky cut" jean or "Burley Boot cut" jean. Although it may not be in style, I will be comfortable!

No comments:

Post a Comment