The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Little Miss Independent


My baby is now 15 months old, and getting more and more adorable by the day...well, maybe not all of her growth is adorable! She has decided recently that she is a big girl and has to feed herself. She refuses to eat off of the spoon that Mommy holds! So, to comprimise I have put her food on her tray and then give her a spoon and I have a spoon also. She usually can get a little food on her spoon, but by the time it makes it to her mouth the spoon is upside down and the food is on her bib, and that's when I dive in and rescue the food on the bib and deliver it to her mouth in one swift movement. And of course, she thinks that she is feeding herself very successfully, when really it ends up being a big old mess! And I have a huge mess to clean up! This is the only way to feed her though because if I am the one trying to do the feeding she throws her head back a refuses to open her mouth...stinkerbug! So, how do you deal with your children's independence needs? What mountains have you climbed and conquered with them? I am interested in any and all of them because I'm sure that tomorrow we will more than likely have a new "independence" issue pop up!

No comments:

Post a Comment