The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Double Stuffed Oreo Addiction


I went to the store yesterday and walked past the Oreo's. Then, I stopped turned around and went back. I did not have the will power to pass them by this grocery trip. So, yes I purchased the delectably delicious package of Double Stuffed Oreo's. The good news is that I didn't rip the bag open immediately. I did wait until dinner, and then I went to town. Have you ever dipped an Oreo in Milk? Its delicious! Then, my husband got home from work and so of course I had to have my second helping of Oreo's.(This was definitely not done guilt free! I will be working out all week to work off this Oreo eating spree!)
I decided I enjoyed the Oreo's so much that I dug through my recipe's and found my recipe for Homemade Oreo cookies that my Grandmother gave me as a wedding gift. So, I thought I would share that recipe with you today. Do you have any sweet tooth addictions? Please share with me, and if you have a recipe for it that would be even better!!

Grandma's Double Stuffed Oreo's
1 Chocolate food cake mix
2 Eggs
2/3 cup Shortening
Mix all together well. Roll into small balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Opt-you can sprinkle a little powdered sugar over top of cookies if you would like. Bake @ 375 degree's for 8 min. Cool. Fill with Cream cheese filling.
Cream Cheese Filling:
2 Cups Powdered Sugar
1 (4 oz) pkg Cram Cheese
1/2 t vanilla
1/8 cup butter
Mix well and fill cookies. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Did Noelle's dirt cake contribute to this lack of willpower?

    ReplyDelete