The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The List

The other day I realized that I was wandering around my house aimlessly, thinking "What should I do?" The baby was down, the dishes were done, the rooms were straightened and I couldn't think of anything to do. Which is actually very frustrating when I know that just that morning I had a huge list of things to accomplish during nap time, and now Mommy brain had taken over and I couldn't remember a single thing. I decided it was time to do something about it. I wrote a list, and then numbered them from most important to least. It has been wonderful! I get so much more accomplished now. Have you ever tried a list or do you have a different technique that works well with helping you remember all the things you need to accomplish?

1 comment:

  1. I keep a notebook like my mother did/does. Sunday evening, I write down all the things I need to do for the week, like phone calls to make emails to write, budgeting, blogging, errands to run and everything that needs to happen that week. As the week goes on, things come up that I didn't remember Sunday evening, so they get added to the list. I check off the things that I complete. I don't number them in priority, typically because I know what needs to happen first. I have a very good and organized memory, I still need a list, but the most prominent things are always in the forefront of my mind.
    Funny thing is I started doing the notebook when I was a new stay at home mom because I wanted to have something to prove to my husband that I had been busy during the day/week. He didn't need me to do it, but I needed to do it for me. I will also make notes in my notebooks so I can use it as a reference if needed. I save my notebooks in my filing cabinet too. I know Mom does too, and it has helped her with needing verify important info. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete