The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Friday, April 30, 2010

Links of Love


My husband and I both had a birthday this last week. It is wonderful to have birthday's so close to each other. Unfortunately his is before mine, and he alway's tends to one up me on his party planning for my birthday celebration. I was trying to think of something unique and fun for his birthday this year and had the idea of "Links of Love," basically a paper chain with one chain per year of life. On each chain I wrote something that our baby and I love and appreciate about him. It was really fun to put together as I was able to be reminded of all the wonderful things he does for me and our family! The fun part is that he did "Links of Love" for me also...I think we have a new birthday tradition. This will be very fun to do every year, especially when our children get a little older and can help out with the chain.
I have a sister-in-law who buy's the candy "Reisens," chocolate covered caramel candies. She writes out all the "Reisens" why she loves her husband on his birthday. Its a very cute idea also. Do you have any birthday traditions? Please share them with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment