The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Trash Digger


"One man's Trash, is another Man's Treasure"
My Husband came in this morning after walking to his car and informed me that our neighbors had a doll house out by there trash waiting to be picked up. He asked if I wanted it for the baby and that it was a Pink doll house. Since it is Pink I said Yes! Bring it in! It is an adorable doll house. It definitely needs to be wiped down, but I can see Rose having so much fun with this. I believe I will put it in the attack and make it a Christmas present. We just saved ourselves a lot of money in the future!
My husband and I periodically become "trash diggers" I guess you could say we like other people's trash! We have been driving down the road before, and I scream out "Stop, back up." My husband is totally confused until I say, look at that book shelf someone is throwing away, or window or some other item that I think would have a perfect use in my home. (Of course I always make my husband do the dirty work of picking up the item... :) So, thank-you to my handsome, amazing, trash digging husband for finding our baby's first Christmas present this year!
Have any of you ever done this? I'm sure that there are more trash diggers out there than just me!!

1 comment:

  1. Who HASN'T done this before??? There is a lot of great stuff that people just toss.

    ReplyDelete