The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Edible Playdough

I have decided that it is time to introduce my baby to Edible Play Dough. I found this great recipe on line and made it today. It worked perfectly and my baby has had a blast with it! Below is the website and recipe. They had mulotiple playdough recipe's to choose from. I made the Kool-Aid Play Dough. Have fun playing with your kiddo's today!

http://www.familycorner.com/family/kids/crafts/edible_play_dough.shtml

Kool-Aid Play Dough

1 cup flour
1 cup water
1/2 cup salt
3 teaspoons Cream of Tartar
1 package Kool-Aid Mix (any flavor of unsweetened)
1 tablespoon cooking oil

Mix dry ingredients together in a large saucepan. Slowly add water mixed with oil and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens to dough. Turn out onto a heatproof bread board or counter top and knead until cool enough for children to handle. Dough will be the color of the Kool-Aid mix and will smell like the Kool-Aid mix. (Can be stored in a tightly covered container for up to six months)

No comments:

Post a Comment