The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Instant Gratification


I once again realized this week that I was allowing myself to become lazy and put my exercising on a back burner.I decided it was time to stop that way of thinking, so I put on the workout cloths and headed to the gym (my husband even volunteered to come with me.) We did a body pump class, which if you have never done one before I would highly suggest it. I loved the workout, it kicked my trash!! (It was fun to be there with my hubby too!) I could hardly get into and out of bed the next day. But guess what, when I woke up the next morning I wanted to do it again. Unfortunately my baby is in a phase that she doesn't appreciate me dropping her off for child care while I work out. So, luckily I have an amazing work-out-a-holic sister who always finds the GREATEST workout video's. She has introduced me to Chalene Johnson, who I absolutely LOVE!! She is motivating and has a great, fun workout that you can do in front of your t.v. I know this sounds crazy, but she really does talk to me. So, yes I have been walking everyday this week for at least 35 min. and then get home and work out with Chalean for 30-35 minutes and I feel GREAT! I have accomplished something that is very difficult for me (putting on my work out cloths and working up a sweat!) I have lost 3 pounds in one week and all of this has made me believe what Chalene Johnson say's- "NO EXCUSES! MUSCLE BURNS FAT!"
Here are the workout video's I have seen and LOVE!!! Seriously if you need motivation to workout, look these dvd's up, purchase them and enjoy everyday you get to work out with Chalene!
Turbo Jam Cardio Party Mix
ChaLEAN Extreme

What motivates you to work out? Do you have any great workout video's that you love? Please share them with me!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what it is about punching the air that gets me going, but I LOVE doing Tae Bo. I have a couple, if you want to try them. I won't be able to do them for about...2-2 1/2 months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you love Chalene, get ready! Turbo Fire is about to be released. ChaLean Extreme is an awesome program. You and your sister should think about joining Beachbody as a coach. Discount and the ability to make money helping other people get fit by sharing your experiences just like you just did in this post. :) My blog is http://JustGetMeFit.com For info on coaching and Beachbody in general, visit http://beachbodycoach.com/juliebutts. Keep pressing play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! I haven't heard of these videos, I think I'll have to give them a try- I'm in such a rut lately!

    ReplyDelete