The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mommy Moment


Today I needed to use the restroom, so I quietly snuck away from my baby, hoping that I would be back before she noticed I left. As soon as I closed the bathroom door, what do I hear?, but the pitter pattering of my babies tiny little feet walking across my bedroom carpet, then the tap on the door and then the screaming began. She did not just stand there and scream though. Oh No... In order to make it more dramatic she fell to the floor and screamed between the floor and the bottom of the door...she is only 13 months old. So much for a quick, peaceful break from the world of mommydome. I luckily had my cell phone in there with me, so I was able to record the screaming for my husband to hear later. (He got a good laugh out of it.) The sad thing is that I remember doing this exact same thing to my Mother when she was trying to take a nice, relaxing bath. The only difference is that there were 3 of us at the door screaming...so, sorry Mom. You probably were praying at that moment that I would someday know what it was like to need a moment, and not be able to take it. Your prayer has now been answered :)
Have you experienced this? Or do you remember doing this? How do you take your "mommy needs a quiet moment" breaks? Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment