The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Banana Slicer


I was walking through Kroger the other day with my sister and happened to notice a new kitchen tool I have never noticed before...the Banana Slicer! My first thought was "That would be so nice! (My daughter eats a banana every morning for breakfast.) My second thought was "What the heck? Why would I need a banana slicer!" Its not like I work up a sweat slicing my little sweetie her banana pieces every morning. How lazy could I be..So, then because I have so much time on my hands I googled the item, wondering how they market it, and this is what I found:
"If you are looking for an easy way to slice bananas, here you go. You put the slicer on top of the banana and create uniform slices."-WOW! This contraption would be wonderful! Rose could eat uniformly sliced banana pieces. YES! Just what I always wanted!(sarcasm)
So, my question to you is, is this a useful kitchen tool? Reviews said "it was a complete waste of money and kitchen space"... but perhaps if you own it you may really enjoy it, and I may get over my sarcasm of this item and just go purchase it, but I really probably won't.
Does anyone own a banana slicer? Just wondering.

Websites I got info from:
http://www.yumsugar.com/Banana-Slicer-Love-Hate-754227
http://www.kitchencontraptions.com/archives/012441.php

2 comments:

  1. HAHA! Love this. At first when I saw the picture on your post, I totally rolled my eyes. :) Cami has a banana for breakfast every morning, too, and I always have a knife already out to butter her toast that goes with it, so slicing her banana is no pain in my side. Plus...that this would be a lot harder to clean than a butter knife. I did, however, buy a little clip that goes on the other half of the banana that I tend to not use that same day. I've tried it, and it works, and is a good idea, but half the time, I'm too lazy to fish it out of the drawer to put it on the banana, and I end up just cutting the top slice off the next morning and voila! Perfectly good half of a banana. Funny what they come up with these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously this little contraption made me laugh. I honestly don't even slice Kenzie's bananas but you know how impatient she is with eating:) I'm with Laura, a butter knife is so much easier to clean

    ReplyDelete