The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease

So, it turns out that the fussy, slobbery, feverishness that my baby had last week was not her molars coming in after all. After a crazy rash, with blisters broke out all over her adorable little body I took her to the doctor and was there informed that she was suffering from Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. The name is much scarier than what it should be! It ends up being a very contagious virus, that just has to run its course. It involves sore's in the mouth which cause a decrease in appetite, oneryness, and a lot of little rash like red specks and a few blisters. It usually starts with a low grade fever. I am happy to say though that after a long week of not knowing what was wrong with my baby, the illness/disease has finally left her body and she slept for 14 hours strait last night, which was so wonderful!!
I just want to say if any of my friends children have come down with this I am sorry! I have no idea where we got it from, but the good news is that now you know whats going on if your baby does come down with a mysterious fever!
If you want to learn more about this disease I found this website from the Mayo clinic to be very helpful!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hand-foot-and-mouth-disease/DS00599

1 comment: