The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Yard Work

The weather has been so beautiful lately and all sorts of flowers have been opening up to greet the sun...including all sorts of weeds and dandelions. I actually could barely see my flowers through the weeds, so I decided it was time to get dirty! During baby's nap time I pulled all of the weeds in my front yard flower patch, and man did it look good when I was done. Its amazing how taking down the weeds really adds to the beauty of your yard! As I was pulling weeds I was very surprised to find that I was actually enjoying it! It was really great to beautify my flower patch and home. I am looking forward to doing more in the back yard and getting my garden started.
When was the last time you worked in your yard? If its been a while go out and pull some weeds! You may be surprised at how wonderful you feel just being outside listening to the birds sing and pulling your weeds!
Does anyone have any garden tips? I am very new at gardening!

1 comment: