The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Friday, June 11, 2010

"Whats for Dinner?"

I am discovering more and more the great possibilities for each meal made in the kitchen. Sometimes you can hold out ingredients and sometimes you can add some more ingredients. Either way it usually turns out yummy. Be Creative and get in touch with your Inner Chef!! My Brother just told me about this recipe and I changed it up a bit. Here is a leftover Dinner idea if your fridge ever gets too full:

Chow Mein(Raman Noodles) and Whatever you want to add to it Dinner

Get 1 Pkg Raman Noodles and start the water boiling. Once the water is boiling add the noodles and the seasoning to the water cook for 2/12 to 3 min. While that is cooking get out a skillet heat up a little oil or butter and saute up some Garlic, onion, any Red or Green peppers you have would be yummy in there also. I had some carrots that need to be used up so I grated them and then put them in with the onion mix. Then go through your fridge...Do you have any left over meats that need to be used? I had a little bit of diced ham and a few slices of bacon that were just hanging out. So I threw them in the skillet and warmed them up.
Now, Get the noodles and be sure to drain the water out. Then place the noodles into the skillet with the hodge podge mix you have in there. Mix it all together. Add some salt and pepper. Add any marinade or seasoning you thing would be yummy to give it a little more flavor (I added a Terriyaki Marinade and glaze (add only a little at a time because some things come with big flavors in small amounts.) You could use a Soy Sauce and ever a Worcestershire sauce if you would like. Then you can call it done, or if you want to add just a little more to it throw in a couple eggs to scramble up with it all, and then Enjoy!
-This meal makes enough for 2 smaller portions. If you have a big family you may want to consider using 2-3 pkgs of Raman Noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment