The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Friday, June 4, 2010

The Take Home Hair Coloring Kit

I decided yesterday that I needed a change. And the most feasible change was to color my hair, as my hair is short and I prefer it not to be any shorter. Unfortunatly a hair color is way over my budget, so I thought I could save us a few penny's and and bought a box that promised to color my hair a beautiful dark, Auburn brown. The model's hair on the picture looked beautiful and I figured that my hair would turn out the same way. So, I came home and during nap time applied the color. After 25 long minutes I rinsed my hair, put in the conditioner and then blew my hair dry. The shocker was that my hair had come out a dark, purple red color, with brown high lights. Aghhhh! So, then I had the task of deciding whether or not to text my hubby to give him the heads up that his brunette was know a purple/red brunette, but mostly purple/red. Or, should I just let him come home from work and go through the shock factors of the matter. I decided it was best to give him the heads up so that he wouldn't have a heart attack when he returned. We have had a good laugh about it, and he has been very understanding. Thanks babe!
I have decided to give the color 1 week. Hopefully the purple/red will wash out and lighten up and the brown will come through some more, if not, then I hang my hat on the shelf and will plunk down the money to have my hair professionally colored next time.
Do you use the take home hair coloring kits? If so, have you found a brand or color that you love? Please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Amber, I don't have any good suggestions for you, your story just reminded me of a similar experience in my freshman year of college...I went for a lighter blond and ultimately got ORANGE!! It was awful :( I had to get it professionally fixed, and I am too scared to not have it professionally done anymore:) Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete