The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

3rd Wedding Anniversary Celebration


My Husband and I just celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary yesterday. It is so amazing how something that I waited for and dreamed of for so long, finally happened. And now time has sped up and stealing away every moment that I wish could last for a lot longer amount of time. My husband surprised me with the idea of leaving the baby at Grandma's house and taking a short trip to Mammoth Cave National park. I made a reservation at a local Bed and Breakfast, wrote up a 4 page list of my babies daily routine to give to Grandma as a guidline and then we were off.
It was a beautiful drive down to the cave's. My Husband and I were able to come up with big dreams and hopes for our future, and also were able to just relax and enjoy each others company. The cave was fun, but the bed and Breakfast was an adventure! We were able to stay in a B&B that is over 150 years old, that had many stories to tell of Abraham Lincoln's visit there, the Underground railroad, and also the housing of Union Soldiers.
They had a little game room upstairs that my husband and I were able to play pool on and then picked out a few board games to play. It was so wonderful to be able to chill out and remember why I fell in love with my husband in the first place. He is a fun guy! I guess sometimes when life gets crazy you forget that there is more to life then paying the mortgage and putting food on the table.
For breakfast the B&B owners served us a delicious 3 course meal on beautiful china dishes! Then my husband and I went and relaxed a bit in the library before we headed back to pick up our beautiful baby girl from Grandma and Aunt Shell.
I really hope that someday we can go back to this adorable little B&B, and put our feet up to relax! If you ever find yourself heading toward Glasgow, KY and need a place to stay the night be sure to look up "Hall Place Bed and Breakfast." You will not be disappointed with your stay!
P.S. I love you babe and am looking forward to another wonderful, adventurous year with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment