The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Neighborhood Yard Sale


My Neighborhood had a yard sale this morning, and I thought it would be fun to participate. I have never been part of a yard sale before and was excited to see what kind of money our stuff could bring in. So, last night for my date with my husband we went through the attic in hopes to find any gems to sell, and also picked through the baby cloths for things that we didn't need anymore. Then we geared ourselves up for the morning sales. 8 a.m. came much to quickly and of course I had to drag myself out of bed (not a morning person!) I had a friend who brought over some of her stuff to be part of the yard sale also, which she made for wonderful company! We set all of our stuff up, and sat down to chit chat, and wait for the people to pour into my driveway. And we waited, waited and waited some more. So, we didn't have too many customers, but the customers that we did have loved my friends stuff and at the end of the yard selling day she was able to walk away with around $25 and I walked away with $1.50. Yes, this morning was not too successful for me, but it has lit a new fire within me and I realized that I enjoy being out in the early Saturday morning Sun soaking in the fresh morning air and being with my friends. After some planning with my them, we decided that we want to have another yard sell next Saturday, only this time around we hope to sell some homemade goods and bring in a much better, bigger sale than what we had this morning. I will be sure to keep you all updated with next weeks yard sell!
Have you ever done a yard sell before? What tricks of the trade have you learned?

No comments:

Post a Comment