The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Blessings from Extended Family

My Husband has an Aunt that lives close by but we don't get together too often, because lets face it, life is busy!!! The other day she offered to watch my baby for a few hours just so that I could have a break. I was surprised and kind of shocked. All of her children are grown and I figured that most people when they hit that phase of life don't want to be bothered with small children any more. I of course said I would love to have you watch her! So, this morning I was able to drop her off at her Great-Aunts house and go do a few things that I haven't been able to do because I was dreading taking the baby in and out of the car seat, and in and out of the stroller. I had a wonderful 2 hour break, and was happy to hear that my little girl loved being with her Great-Aunt.
I realized today how no matter if you are a Sister, Mom, Aunt, Cousin, or Adopted into the family type of a relative you can reach out and help someone that you usually wouldn't. At your next family gathering look around and pick someone out that you don't usually do stuff with and offer to help them in some way. I don't think you will ever know the impact that makes on someone until you have received that helping hand yourself, but you will be able to lift someone's load a bit, and form a stronger bond, and relationship than what you may have thought was ever possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment