The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank heaven for Jane Austen

I arrived in Utah yesterday with a very happy baby, (Thank-you for the plane tips!) I of course was worn out and tired, but happy to finally be here! While I have been away my parents took a trip to Europe and had a blast! They were able to see so many sites and experience things that they had read about. My Mother planned most of the activites because my father is a little lacking on the Romance side. They stayed in a hotel in London that had a perfect view of Big Ben, Westminster abby, Parliament, and the thames river. They went on a ride on the London Eye which was absolutly amazing according to my mother. They also were able to watch the Broadway Les Miserable on the West end of London, and see the London Tower and the crown jewels. But, most importantly they went to the Jane Austen Centre in Bath. They were able to go to various locations where parts of different Jane Austen movies were filmed. She said it was just beautiful! Jane Austen is one author where every book I read I love and feel that I can relate to various characters. The next Jane Austen book on my list is "Persuasion." I have heard that it is a great story, even though it is not as popular as her other books. Mom got me a bag she bought at the centre that say's I (heart) Mr. Darcy!
I told my husband about this bag and he laughed, but he doesn't quit understand the man that Mr. Darcy is! I have decided that every woman in her lifetime needs to have a Mr. Darcy, who is level headed and cool, and caring. Thanks honey for being my Mr. Darcy! I am one lucky chick!

No comments:

Post a Comment