The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Diet Day #6

Today I realized that I am strong and in control (except for when it comes to denying DQ's Georgia Mud Fudge shake.) I went to Walgreens to fill up a prescription for my daughter. I was strong and resisted walking down the food isles, as I knew I would be tempted to buy me some sort of a snack! I was so proud of myself.
The not so great thing about dieting today started with the snow falling. Dairy Queen has a special on day's that snow falls. If you purchase one blizzard you get one free. And since my husband was craving a blizzard, I couldn't resist the FREE Georgia Mud Fudge (it really is an amazing shake!) I guess I can say that I gave in because it is family night, and what would family night be like without an amazing treat at the end!!!!!
I'll do better tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know about this deal! And it's probably good I didn't for so long because I would be eating a lot more blizzards! I'm so glad Rose is feeling better

    ReplyDelete