The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Diet Day 2

So...I slept in this morning (I didn't sleep well last night)...and then the dish washer didn't cleanse the dishes as well as I would have hoped, so the slim fast shake was not eaten for breakfast this morning. Yes...I was being lazy but I absolutely do not like cleaning out the blender by hand! So, I had a fiber one pop tart instead which was packed with fiber and calories. The morning diet did not start out so well.
Then it was lunch time...and the slim fast meal bar was not sounding good at all!! So, I found some leftover soup in the fridge, just enough for one and thoroughly enjoyed it!
The good news would be that I went to the gym and tried out a class I have never tried before. It was called "Pi-oga," and it was awesome! I loved it! I think I will be really sore tomorrow but that is ok. At least I did something good for me today!

Tip: My mother-in-law introduced me to this site: www.livestrong.com/myplate/
It is a free program that tracks what you ate, how many calories you should be eating a day, and how much water intake you have had. Really, go check it out! Its awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment