The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Anniversary Suprise!

My Husband came home from work the other day (Jan. 19) with a dozen of beautiful, purple Rose's! The second I saw them I remembered it was three years ago that day when I said "Yes" to marrying him. It had totally slipped from my mind! He got down on his knee and asked if I would marry him again...and I actually started to cry (something that I forgot to do when he proposed to me...oops). So, just for memories sake I have to share how he did propose to me.
He set up a tea party at a close friends of mine. We were to have tea with her two young girls! (I love tea parties!) So, we got there and my friend had the miniature table set up with white paper and croyons to draw with, valentine candy and decorations. A Huge stuffed animal next to where I sat and little animals around the table, and of course Disney's princess songs playing as the back ground music! My soon to be fiance and I were flirting with each other writing cute little notes to each other, when Pepper stood up to hand each of us a surprise. In her brown paper sack she pulled out a kit kat for her sister. Then a York peppermint patty for my Man, and when it was my turn I closed my eye's and held out my hands, when I was told to open them I had a black box with a BEAUTIFUL ring inside it, sitting in my hands! I was shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He told me the ring wouldn't be available for a few weeks! He asked me if I would marry him and all I could say was "Are you Serious?" And nod my head yes. I was definitely in shock! We hugged and kissed, and then stood up and danced to Disney's Princess song "Kiss the Girl." This was one of the most perfect nights of my life! Thanks for pulling it off babe! And thank-you for 3 wonderful years as your woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment