The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Diet day 5

Weigh in was this morning. I lost a whole pound! I couldn't help but think "Are you Serious?" Why only one pound? I remember being very hungry and working out a lot more than I have in the past. Oh well, I have to be glad that I went down a pound instead of went up a pound.
I went to the store last night and purchased a freezer and fridge full of fruits and vegetables to snack on. I am hoping that this will help.

I also learned two new things this week:
1-Chew on Sugar free gum right after eating or when you start to feel hungry. There was research done where they found that people who did this lost more weight than those who did not.
2-Also, I have heard through the grapevine and also read in the Parenting magazine that Vitamin D is also helpful during weight loss and also in general throughout the winter time. They said that everyone should take 1000 mg each day. I think I will try it out and see if it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment