The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

100 Days of Dieting with a Dummie-Day 1

Sorry for the break in M.O.M. postings. I went on vacation and got out of the habit of writing, and then everything went crazy with the Holidays! But I AM BACK! and hopefully for good. It is actually quite therapeutic for me to write my thoughts and experiences out every day.
So...New Years Resolutions! Did anyone make any for this year!? My sister-in-law had a great idea and set some goals for her 2 year old and 6 month old children...which has made me think about what I would like my baby girl to achieve this year. I hope she will be walking by the end of the year (I don't mind if she waits a few more months for that though!) Also, I hope she will start to eat solid foods and not have milk allergies, which more than likely she will. And most definitely I am hoping she will be healthy and strong!
As for me and my Husband, we both set some weight loss goals...which I guess everyone does, but, we have hopes of actually making it work! We are doing a "Biggest Looser Competition" with my parents. We have until April 30th to reach our goals. It is somewhat difficult for me because I am planning on nursing until the end of February or March...so I have to be careful. I was very bummed at my personal weigh in last Sunday morning when I realized that in the course of the week I had gained weight. Erk! So, this week I went to Sam's club, bought a couple tubs of Slim Fast Chocolate Royale meal drink, and a couple boxes of Slim Fast Snack bars. I also purchased some meal bars. So, the diet race has officially begun for Brian and I with Slim Fast by our side! (Watch out Mom and Dad!)

These are my Goals:
1-Loose 15 lbs by April 30th
2-Work out 5 times a week, at least-for 45 to 60 minutes.
3-Look good in my swim suit when I go on vacation with my Hubby and his family to Destin, Florida this Summer.
4-Be Happier and Healthier by the end of the year! (Can you imagine what 15lbs lighter would do for your daily health and well being? I am so excited to get ride of my 15 pound barbell belly!)

Rewards along the weight loss road:
My Husband will give me a beautiful bouquet of flowers for every 5 lbs I loose, saving the most beautiful and grandest bouquet for when I hit my 15 lbs of weight loss! (He doesn't now this yet, but he will tomorrow when he reads it!)

So this is how it is going to work, every night for the next 100 nightsI will post how the diet is going (hopefully, I might miss one or two posts). I will post how I did that day, any tips techniques or idea's I might have, and probably more often then not begging for anyone's input on how to loose weight, because at 27 years old, this is my very first, and hopefully only diet I ever go on! I will also do my usual morning post, so if your not interested in dieting hopefully you will find my other posts somewhat interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment