The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Sick Baby

My baby has had a fever since Saturday morning. Yesterday it got up to 104.1 degree's. It is breaking my heart because all I can do is give her Ibprofine and Tylenol. It is hard to have a sick baby. I really can't get anything accomplished. Its hard to put my agenda aside and just hold and rock my baby all day to comfort her. (of course at the same time, nothing is as important to me at that moments as rocking her and taking care of her needs!) I wish my Mom lived closer to me. It would be so nice to be able to have her come over and help me know what to do. My Mom is so nurturing and I get so much strength from her, especially when I don't know what I am doing. She is so reassuring that I am doing a great job, and to just keep on learning what it takes to be a Mother.
What are my readers techniques of getting through the day with a sick baby? What are things that you found beneficial to their recovery?

1 comment:

  1. So far Gabi has not been sick. But when Rachel has been sick, I have enjoyed snuggling with her. She is more cuddly when she's sick, so I try to just enjoy that part. Other than that, just be patient and do what comes naturally - nurse your baby back to health! I'm glad she is on the mend now.

    ReplyDelete