The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday Thoughts


Today at church one of my friends bore her testimony and it truly touched me. She is part of the family of the Broken Hearted and has seen A LOT of loss in her life through multiple miscarriages, loosing two husbands and a daughter at various times throughout her life. She made the comment that Sometimes we don't know why things happen to us, they just do... I love that she said that. So many times we try to figure out Why us? Why Me? or others will say its because we are just such good people, and that drives us crazy because we think, "you are better people then us! Why haven't you been faced with this type of devastation." I have to agree with the view of sometimes things just happen. Its nothing that anyone did, or that God forced upon someone. Things just happen.
Just after Ruby passed away I would often find myself singing the song "Come, Come ye Saints" while I was in the shower. Especially the 4th verse. For some reason it brought me peace.
The fourth verse say's, "And should we die before our journey's through, happy day all is well. We then are free from pain and sorrow too, with the just we shall dwell. And if our lives are spelled again to see the saints their rest obtained, oh how we'll make this chorus swell, All is Well, All is Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment