The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Monday, March 8, 2010

The Parking Spot

I was at a local grocery, Meijer, last week and was able to get this amazing parking spot, two stalls away from the front door. I had a ton of grocery shopping to do so I was very excited to have been so lucky to get a close stall. So, I hauled my baby and diaper bag into the store and started the shopping. I ended up having to figure out how to keep the baby happy while I rummaged up and down the isles multiple times until I found what I needed. After way to much time in the grocery store, as my baby was screaming at me and letting me know she did not appreciate her time buckled into a shopping cart, we finally finished. I walked out the store pushing the cart with one hand and carrying the baby in the other. Thank goodness for not having to walk very far. I parked the cart at the back of my vehicle while I buckled the baby into her car seat and then turned on the car. When I turned around there was a vehicle waiting for me to back out. I couldn't believe it! How long had they already been waiting? Who knows? She could obviously see that my shopping cart was overflowing with plastic bags and she would still have to wait a while before she could get my spot. Because I am slightly defiant and flustered when people do this to me, I took my time unpacking my cart, and then walked it to the cart parking spot. All the while this lady has her blinker on and is giving me a dirty look. The least she could have done is hoped out of her car and help me unpack my cart in order to assist both of our needs more quickly. Honestly is it worth it to wait 5 or more minutes for a close parking spot? Or, is it better to just find another spot, that isn't all that much further away and walk into the store and have 1/2 of your shopping finished by the time the parking spot is available? Are you my reader a parking spot hunter who waits patiently/or impatiently for however long it takes to get the closest parking stall available? Or do you choose to park and walk? Me personally, I will take the walking. A little more exercise could never do me harm.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it makes me SO mad when people do this. I always take my time when someone has the nerve to try to make me feel rushed. Good for you. :)

    ReplyDelete