The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Monday, March 29, 2010

Airport Angels

I was very nervous to fly out to Utah and then back here. I always have so much stuff and am so worried about how the baby will be on the flights. Luckily I was surrounded by airport angels (a.k.a people who took time to notice a Mother flying alone with her baby, and offered their assistance.) On every flight and in every airport I had numerous people offer to help me get my stroller up or place my bags in the overhead bins and then take them down for me when I needed it. Even on the plane where my baby screamed for the first hour, and I knew that everyone was cursing me, a woman who was sitting across from me helped me off of the plane and talked with me all the way out of the terminal. All I have to say is THANK YOU to my airport angels who helped a stressed out mother be able to relax just a bit and know that I would be able to make it to my destination in one piece. Its so refreshing to be able to be helped out from people who don't know me and don't know the impact they made on me. So, today take a moment to help out a stranger, or someone who may need a little hello. You may be surprised at the impact you make!

1 comment:

  1. Amber, I love reading your blog posts. You have a great way of expressing yourself. That is a real talent. I will forever think of airport angels as I travel in the future. Love You!

    ReplyDelete